Getting on with life
Legal statement and privacy notice
NAPP PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USING THIS WEBSITE.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
You may not access this site without prior acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this Legal Statement, which you should review before accessing this site.
If you do not wish to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Legal Statement, then do not access this site and exit this site immediately. Your access of this site or use of the information contained herein constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
This Site is produced, operated and sponsored by Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited (“Napp”), of Cambridge, UK. The entire content of this internet website (this "Site") is fully protected under all applicable copyright and trademark laws. Copyright for all purposes in the title and brand of “SevereBackPain.co.uk - Getting on with life” vests in Napp. Copyright for all articles contained in www.severebackpain.co.uk are unless specified otherwise owned by Napp. Users may print a single copy of the content of this Site for their personal or commercial purposes only, provided that the copy retains this Legal Statement. Further printing, copying, redistribution or publication of any part of this Site is strictly prohibited unless expressly permitted within this Site.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USING THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE
While Napp uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in its Site, Napp makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy, nor do they assume any liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of its Site.
While Napp uses reasonable efforts to allow uninterrupted access to this Site, access to the Site may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
If this Site provides visitors with an opportunity to post messages, you shall do so in accordance with the following terms:
- Napp may publish and make available to the public by any means any material which you submit to Napp or to this Site. By uploading such materials you are providing Napp with a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish such materials;
- You shall not, except where expressly permitted by Napp, place on this Site advertisements or use this Site for any commercial purpose;
- You shall not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or would otherwise violate the law.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Napp provides the contents of its Site for informational purposes and for your general interest only. By using the Site you hereby agree not to rely on any of the information contained herein. Under no circumstances shall Napp be liable for your reliance on any such information nor shall they be liable for damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any direct, incidental, special consequential, indirect or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in this Site or the materials in any Site which may be linked to this Site, even if any of them or their authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall Napp's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action whether the cause of action is in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or otherwise exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this Site.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Napp, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NOR DO THEY WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Napp, DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THESE SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
This Site is controlled and operated by Napp or its agent Sublime Digital Limited from offices within England. Although the Internet is global in nature, the laws regulating the manner in which pharmaceutical companies convey medical or product information is not. Each country has its own set of rules, regulations and laws. As a result, information intended for dissemination in a particular country may not be ap propriate for use outside that country. The information on this Site is designed to comply with the laws of England. Visitors to the Site are advised to make their own enquiries as to the local licensed indications and local laws relating to any product, treatment method or advice contained in this Site. This legal statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this legal statement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this legal statement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire legal statement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein.
7. LINKING POLICY
This Site may provide links or references to other websites not affiliated with Napp. Such links to other sites are provided only as a convenience to users from this Site. Napp have not reviewed all of the websites that may be linked to its Site, make no representations about the content of the websites, and are not responsible for the content of any other website linked to this Site. Linking to any pages off this Site is at your own risk. Napp shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from users' access to such websites.
Unless otherwise set forth in a written agreement between you and Napp, you must adhere to Napp linking policy as follows:
- the appearance, position and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Napp name or trademarks,
- the appearance, position and other attributes of the link may not create the false appearance that your organization or entity is sponsored by, associated with, or affiliated with Napp or the Site,
- the link must point to the specific URL listed below:
- when selected by the user, the link must display the Site on full screen and not within a "frame" on the linking website, and v) the linked website must comply with all applicable English laws, rules, and regulations
8. DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Napp is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This section (together with the other terms of this Legal Statement and any other documents referred to) sets out the basis on which any personal data that Napp or its agent Sublime Digital Limited collects from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand Napp’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how Napp will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited.
Napp or its agent may collect and process the following data about you:
- Napp or its agent may ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, Napp may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
Napp may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about
Napp users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Napp may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help Napp to improve this Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Napp:
- To estimate the Site audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow Napp to customise the Site according to your individual interests.
- To recognise you when you return to the Site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although
Napp will do its best to protect your personal data, Napp cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once
Napp has received your information, Napp will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Napp uses information held about you to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Napp may disclose your personal information to any of its independent associated companies. For the purpose of these terms and conditions “associates” shall mean shall mean any person, firm, trust, corporation or other entity or combination thereof which directly or indirectly (a) controls Napp, (b) is controlled by Napp, or (c) is under common control with Napp. The terms “control” and “controlled” mean ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more, including ownership by trusts with substantially the same beneficial interests, of the voting and equity rights of such person, firm, trust, corporation or other entity or combination thereof or the power to direct the management of such person, firm, trust, corporation or other entity or combination thereof.
Napp may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Napp sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Napp may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Napp or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If Napp is under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
The Act gives you tfhe right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet costs in providing you with details of the information Napp holds about you.
Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited is a company registered in England & Wales with company number 03690299.
Service Provider: The SevereBackPain.co.uk – Getting on with life website is provided by Napp Pharmaceuticals Limited
Registered Office: Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0AB.
Principal place of business at Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0AB Tel: +44 (0) 1223 424 211, Fax: +44 (0) 1223 426 626, www.napp.co.uk (opens in a new window)
VAT Number GB 197026251
Last updated: 23rd September 2010